Friday, June 29, 2012

Rachel visits and little extras

So, my awesome sister and her little brood of three came to visit us over Jasper's birthday.  She famously came to town to be here for his birth last year, and arrived 10 minutes after he did, so we thought we'd start a tradition of her coming for his birthday.  A tradition at least we can keep for this year.

We all stayed in my 2-bedroom apartment.  That's right, all 7 of us.  The first night we had all four kids in one room, but Jasper was getting his 7th tooth and kept waking up, so we ditched that idea about midnight.  Fun for a second, though! Iris ended up sleeping in Jasper's crib, Eve slept on the chaise, Devlin slept on a cot all in the baby's room, Rachel was on the couch, Jasper was in the pack n play, and Jake and I were in our bed.  Would you call my sister a fabulous sport?  Why yes, that's exactly what I'd call her.  I'm sure you'd never believe this either, but we all used one bathroom, and we never had a problem. 

We went to the beach!!!




And to The Grove.


Devlin was Jasper's little caretaker.  He honestly started packing shoes and socks and a swimsuit for Jasper when we were headed to the beach.  (8-year-old Devlin: "Blue socks, that will be nice for the beach.")  That is the cutest.


We also went to the library and the park and to the California Science museum, we watched movies, ate out, ate in, baked cake, all in three and a half days.  And then she drove home and turned around the next day to a family reunion.  She's amazing.  And I'm so glad she would make the tremendous effort to come see us. She treated us royally. I'm so, so glad she came.



Before she left, she helped me take some pictures of Jasper opening Aunt Loretta's gifts. What a fun little box of goodies! Since she couldn't be here to see him open them, I thought this was the next best thing. 





Balloons, raisins, m&ms, crayons, bubbles, and a gift card that we used to buy some sippy cups, birthday party supplies, and this clock!  Guys, I have been looking for an orange clock within my budget for A YEAR, and sure enough on this trip we finally found one!  Parker helped me hang it.  I'm so in love with this little spot in his room, and so nice to know the time.  Thanks so much, Aunt Lo!



1 comment:

Chase & Tricia said...

So cute! Wait! Are you in LA? Where are you? We will be neighbors in a year apparently!?!?