We had a lovely, simple Father's Day this year. Jake did not have any morning meetings (he's newly in the Bishopric, so that's a special occasion at our house) so we got some extra time together.
We got to make him a special breakfast:
french toast with granny bread and a green smoothie.
We gave him a card from each of us, ginger beer, a Ritter chocolate bar, and a classic gift: a tie, black and white and blue striped, which he has adorably worn the last two Sundays. And made him wear his "This is what the World's Greatest Dad looks like" t-shirt I gave him when I found out I was expecting. I think we'll make him wear it every Father's Day.
(Here's the tie.) There is little else I love more than my two boys dressed up in Sunday best. Could you die for this photo? And if there are not a million blessings to count from this picture, Jake let me get a 2-hour nap while he played with the baby after church. That is one great man, I tell you.
No comments:
Post a Comment