What is going on, people. 5 months? Seriously? 5 ??!
Our little monkey is growing SO fast. Today he was sporting some of his new 12-month (that's right--12-month!) clothes. At this rate, when he's five, he'll be the size of a 5th grader. Awesome.
The many faces of Jasper:
He has so much personality and it's so fun to watch it slowly unwrap over time.
'Sup.
Doesn't this one look like he's cracking a joke? It has class clown written all over it to me.
Jasper's still a champ at church. He comes with mommy to Primary each week and only sometimes steals the show. He can't help it--little kids love babies and he loves a party! He's so good to nap in my arms or on the church bench when he gets sleepy. Sundays are busy days in the Moffat household and he's so very good to be obliging. Counting our blessings!
Peekaboo! He is starting to laugh and play and interact with us a lot more, and we all love it. He likes peekaboo and raspberries on his belly and when we kiss his feet. He still LOVES us to sing to him, and Jacob said when he was playing music the other day, Jasper was bouncing with the beat!! Don't even get me started, people!!!
But I'm not quite sitting up yet . . .
Just kidding! It's just me, little Jasper!
(I think he looks a lot like his cousin, Eve, in this picture.)
But one of the funniest developments has been his sleeping.
Sometimes it's like this:
Or this . . .
(Oh, that darling, little, kissy mouth! Sorry, back to sleeping . . .)
Or even this . . .
But most of the time it's like this:
That's right, folks, this one's a tummy sleeper like his daddy. (Jacob always loves to point out all the things Jasper does that are like him, it's so cute. He's so proud.) Since he's figured out that he can roll over, he's been doing it in his crib the minute after we lay him down, and once he's asleep, this is typically what we see.
Let's take a closer look.
Yup, that is straight-up, pig-nose-into-the-mattress style. I've never seen someone sleep directly on their face like that. It makes his mama so nervous. I try to encourage him to tilt his head at least a little, and I think we're making some progress there. Can't help but check on him all the time to make sure he can still breathe like that!
And one of those other hidden joys of mommyhood: seeing your honey be such a good daddy.
(Uh, handsome alert! Is it just me or does Jacob look AMAZING in this picture?)
My boys all gussied up for church yesterday. Who ever knew a white button-down shirt could be so thrilling? I had a little moment hanging up their matching shirts today after doing the laundry . . .
Well Jasper, you never cease to be our favorite! I don't know how you keep getting better but you do! You give us a whole new chapter of things to be grateful for this Thanksgiving. We are truly, truly blessed to have you in our lives. Love you, butterball!
2 comments:
i'm sorry, but the michael jackson makes me wet my pants. he is so sweet. i love that his eyes are bright!
So SO flip'n adorable! I was cracking up at him sleeping on his face...so McKenna and Mac!!!! I used to freak out when I go to check on her. Now I just touch her back and she's breathing. So funny those Moffat traits! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
Post a Comment