Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chronicles Pt. 3: Laughter is the BEST Medicine

So I simply HAD to write about today, which was simply put, amazing. Today was a gift--one of those days that makes everything so incredibly worth it. Today was NOT a battle, it was pure parental bliss and I am so intensely thankful for it. Today was one big, giant silver lining, and I sure as heck wasn't gonna let this one go unnoticed!

Among many lovely things that made up our day today: an easy, breezy time getting baby and me ready for church this morning (with AN HOUR to spare), lounging, family time, good hair, bearing testimonies, long naps had by all (!!!), to top it all off my wonderful, lovable, heaven-sent baby boy laughed! A LOT! He laughed from his belly like we have never seen! And we got it on video!

Jasper Laughs! from jacobammonmoffat on Vimeo.



I talked to my mom today and she shared some wonderful words of wisdom: 1. That I'm doing it, when it feels impossible I can remind myself I'm already doing it--being a mom. 2. The more you put into it, the greater the reward. I knew that was true of other things, but for some reason I guess I didn't make the connection with motherhood. If Jasper grows up to love his mom half as much as I love mine, we'll be in good shape. In the meantime, I'll be reveling in and replaying over and over this bright, shiny silver lining. We love you, Jasper!

4 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Baby laughs literally just start the world over. Isn't it the most amazing thing?!

Peg and Parker said...

I agree with Rachael, it's like your baby is brand new again when they laugh at you, with you, for you or because of you, no matter what age they are. It still happens occasionally to me, if you can believe it! I usually say to them, "You might be my favorite human right now!" It's one of those satisfying things that is unexplainably sustaining. You have said it so well. thanks!

Ashley said...

Yes!!! Did you cry? I couldn't stop laughing when my baby had his first laughing bout. So great. Another lovely milestone to help you along.

The advice from your mom is perfect. You're doing it! "How do you do it?" some people ask. I have no idea. You just do it. There's not another option!

Here's to baby Jasper's first laughs!

Unknown said...

I love you emily. and i hope you don't waste even 2 seconds worrying that that little guy is in the best hands he could be. that video makes my heart happy - every time!