Jasper is 4 months old and to celebrate, he achieved two major milestones: rolling over! which he did on his 4 month birthday (tummy to back, then two days later he rolled over back to tummy) and SLEEPING ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE NIGHT. 12 hours people! Wow and hallelujah! Things for the last couple of weeks I can honestly say have been easier. Yea for all you experienced moms who reassured me we'd get there! He sleeps through the night and takes 3-4 naps during the day for about 30-45 minutes each. He seems happiest being out and about during the day and socializing and guess what? So is his mommy! He's able to nap just about anywhere and he's quite well-behaved in public and in his car seat, so life is feeling a bit more normal and enjoyable all around. And he's just adorable. I can easily say we are all LOVING this phase.
One of the things that seems to be changing with Jasper on a weekly basis is his hair, which you'll notice, is vanishing. A recent snapshot to give you an idea: This was the cul-de-sac/driveway stage, which was followed by my favorite: two little spots on top and a long patch on the bottom, aka the smiley face. Now it's just two spots, an upper and a lower patch in the back, but his bright blond hair is growing in strong all over--you just can't see it...because it's blond.
We've had so much fun dressing up Jasper in "holiday" clothes. This little onesie says "Grandma's Creepy Crawler." It's just so cool--he's NEVER had a Halloween! Everything is not just new, it's the first. SO much fun. It rained for the first time in the last month or so and I took him outside to show him rain--for the first time ever! That is just so unbelievably special to me.
I love Jacob in this picture--we were so in love with Jasper's darling sleeping pose here: crossed ankles, crossed arm and a hand on his cheek.
And this little blue top is one of my favorites. He looks great in every shade of blue, just like his dad.
Oh how we love a sleeping Jasper. Holding a sleeping baby is one of the sweetest, most precious joys in life. I wish he could always be tiny enough to sleep in my arms.
Bedtime is my favorite time. Jasper has always loved his baths, so from the time he was just a few weeks old we started a bedtime routine around that: nurse, bath, massage and song, story, and prayers. When we're lucky, daddy is able to join us.
Jasper loves to be sung to, always has. From the first day he was born he would quiet when he heard singing. And he likes stories, too. I hope he will always love to be read to. I still do.
Our friends, the Crowes, were so nice to lend us this jumper. Jasper likes to be active and he's always standing up on our laps when we hold him, so we were so delighted when our friends offered to share this with us. It's so fun to watch him discover things, like, 'wow, I can make this thing move!' He has always been so strong. Even from the time he was a week old, he was trying to hold his head up. He seems like a mover and a shaker to me. Likes to be busy.
He likes to hang out on his blankets, too. He's happy to play with his hands or his burp cloth and roll over on his side and coo. He's just starting to grab things--like my cereal bowl the other day. I had him on my lap and out of the blue, he yanks my bowl and down spills its contents all over both of us and the floor. It's the first REAL mess he ever made! I had no idea he could do that! He's usually really happy on the floor as long as he can see me. This one likes company, just like me.
And he STILL likes church! I think he sees it as a social event, which I'm not sure I've mentioned--he tends to love. Jacob says all the time how cool he thinks Jasper is, and I feel 100% the same. He is just magic, he brings so much joy to every single day, even the tough ones. Children are just so fulfilling. I cannot recommend them highly enough.
And we are finally starting to feel some cooler weather! It's been so fun to bundle our little guy up. We've been so looking forward to Halloween, and don't even get me started on Christmas!
Teddy Bear!! AGHHHH!!
This was last Sunday before church. Nothing special, he just looked so sweet, I wanted a picture. Every time I think "I want a picture of this" I try to make it happen, and I've never been sorry for it. That face!
I know I go on, but he is absolutely the light of our lives. There are so many blessings I take for granted, but every single day with him is so precious, and I just never want to be guilty of that mistake with him. These four months have flown by and even those times with a newborn that seem so very tiring are gone in a blink. There's so much to savor, I already feel like I'll do better about remembering that with the next one. We feel so lucky to have had Jasper first. He's surely got us hooked!
6 comments:
No, it's not just you. He is EXTRA juicy and gorgeous! I wouldn't lie.
I think my favorites are the pictures of him sleeping on your shoulder (smoosh! smooshed cheek!) and the last one, with the awesome smile and the DIMPLE!
I agree! He is yumminess! So glad you are getting sleep! YA!!!! Good job Jasper! LOVE LOVE LOVE him! It was so fun to see you guys!
oh my gosh! So...I was looking at these pictures with the girls and Chantelle goes, "Ooooohh coote." (cute) See, even they verify his cuteness. ;)
He really is one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen, that weren't my baby. You know what I mean? You never think other people's babies are that cute REALLY, but HE IS!! And he's so lucky to have you as a mom, listening to that voice serenading him to sleep at night. That pic of him smiling on your shoulder- so sweet, so happy.
Soooo sweet. It was so good to see you guys and meet Jasper in person (kind of, even though he was sleeping). I can totally see the blonde in some of those pictures! He really is a sweet baby. You can sense his calmness just looking at him. A peacemaker for sure!
oookay seriously, i think joel and i make some pretty darn beautiful kids, but jasper.... heavens! he is incredible! i mean real he looks too yummy not to kiss all day! so happy he's sleeping through the night. life always gets much better once baby & co. are sleeping!
Post a Comment