It's been a long time since I have hosted a party. Too long, I have realized, having just had a BALL hosting one last night! This activity of party-making needs to be reinstated as a Moffat staple. Long past due.
There are a group of ladies here that play Bunco once a month and it was my turn to host. Everyone puts in 5 dollars each month for prizes and the host goes and buys them, makes dinner, the whole bit. So here are the treasures I came up with. I tried to go with prizes I hadn't seen in previous Buncos, it had to be something I loved and would want to keep, and something with a hint of a fall theme.

We had notecards, aprons (with a double pocket in front), scented candles, the most adorable and functional bag that ever was purchased at this price! (it was hard to see that one go), and a "Halloween Movie Night" popcorn bowl and treats. And then I wrapped them in these cute candy bags.

I said I went "all out" didn't I? ;)

And I even got tablecloths, (real ones! Aren't you proud Peg??!!) and pretty ceramic bowls for my mother-in-law's famous fall mix: peanuts, Reese's pieces, and candy corn which, as always, was a HUGE hit!

Could you die? Guys, I never do this. It was SO much fun to make a stink about it. And those tablecloths totally rock. They're microfiber and liquid just beads up on them, so you can wipe away spills.

And here are the guests! I managed to get everyone in the pictures but my friend, Erin. She and Sarah and Alli were so kind to help me get it all ready yesterday.

We served all my favorite things for dinner: Jacob's famous meatballs (which he was cooking late into the night on Monday on my behalf--an angel I've married), garlic and basil quinoa, blue cheese and strawberry walnut salad, crescent rolls, and mint brownies. We also had raspberry lemonade (in my punch bowl! Agh!!)

Alli and Sarah came early to help (left and right.) They are my counselors in Primary and they are utterly the salt of the earth. Never mind that they also have the big Primary Program this Sunday and we had a 3-hour (GASP!) Presidency meeting two days before this. They're amazing, I am so lucky to call them friends.
And the winners were...

Kathy, the stake YW President was the big winner. Yea! We got to know each other really well at Girl's Camp this year. She was thrilled about 17 Again and the bowl.

KT, a new mom for the 2nd time, won the bag I love so much. Looks awesome on her, doesn't it? She seemed to love it as much as I did, so I was happy to see it go home with her!

And Sarah and Paulina, who also works in Primary, got the aprons! Aren't those adorable? The print made me think of you, Cammy. It was so fun to see all this cute stuff at the store, buy it, and give it away to all my friends. Can I do this for, like, everyone I know?!
There you have it folks! It was lots of fun last night and almost as fun to relive it tonight. 'Til the next one!!
8 comments:
love it all! cute tables and I now need those tablecloths- where'd you get them!! i want to have a moffat part with you guys... maybe we should do something fun for halloween since we will be there.... and i am cravin one too. :)
AHHHH!!! CUTE CUTE CUTE!! Great job Emily!!!! I'm obsessed with the aprons. GOOD TASTE! I love bunco parties. You are amazing girlfriend.
ps- I want to be a guest when you're the host!
That looks so fun! You put on quite the classy do there, Em. Nice job.
So fun! You sure know how to throw a party Em! Great hostess, cuteness, and fun...serious party skills!
I just had a miniature heart attack knowing that my two favorite female counterparts of my two favorite couples, who both live in LA, are now friends and hanging out. I am both very happy about this and very jealous. :( B/c I love you guys. Tell KT I said hi.
Your bunco was so fun! You did a FABULOUS job. Great dinner, adorable decorations and your prizes were awesome. Way to go! :)
you are adorable! how very cute.
Post a Comment