It has been a LONG held dream of mine to work for Disney. You can look HERE for a refresher if you need one--I'm sure most of you don't. Well, I got an email last week from a gentleman I know who works at Disney Character Voices, and he asked me to come in and audition to be the singing voice of Cinderella for a new Mattel doll coming out next year. WHAT?!! I had to come in and sing "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" as much like Ilene Woods as possible (the original voice of Cinderella.) And I found out on Monday I got the job! Aggghhhh! I could NOT believe it. I was so excited! I went to the studio yesterday and recorded it, which means...
I worked for Disney!
I'm a flippin' Cinderella doll!!
I'm a flippin' Cinderella doll!!
So if all goes according to plan, it'll be on Toys 'R Us shelves this spring. And I'll be sure to let you know when I see it. If everything else goes according to plan, they'll bring me in for future Cinderella voice projects. That would be a bigger dream come true.
Waiting to audition. Trying to soak it all in.
The office where I waited. I may or may not have held Mickey's hand for good luck and comfort before going in. He's always been a favorite of mine.
The walls of the office, covered with such autographed treasures as this one from Jodi Benson, who played the voice of Ariel. Everyone is on that wall: Angela Lansbury, Paige O'Hara, Robby Benson, it's incredible.
The hallway. All kinds of Disney paraphrenalia--everywhere! Yesterday I walked out of the elevator and there was Beauty and the Beast playing on a flat screen . . . in the hallway. So fun!
And here's me yesterday after the whole thing was over. I'm sure I feel now a bit like Cinderella might've after her ball. Back to regular life. But for one day I got to be a princess. And I'll never forget it.

Waiting to audition. Trying to soak it all in.
The office where I waited. I may or may not have held Mickey's hand for good luck and comfort before going in. He's always been a favorite of mine.
The walls of the office, covered with such autographed treasures as this one from Jodi Benson, who played the voice of Ariel. Everyone is on that wall: Angela Lansbury, Paige O'Hara, Robby Benson, it's incredible.
The hallway. All kinds of Disney paraphrenalia--everywhere! Yesterday I walked out of the elevator and there was Beauty and the Beast playing on a flat screen . . . in the hallway. So fun!And here's me yesterday after the whole thing was over. I'm sure I feel now a bit like Cinderella might've after her ball. Back to regular life. But for one day I got to be a princess. And I'll never forget it.
14 comments:
I may or may not be tearing up for you right now. I'm so frickin' thrilled you got to do this! No one can ever take it away from you. You're AWESOME!
WOOOOWW!!! That is awesome Emily! Buy a bunch of those dolls for yourself! And make sure to let me know when it's on the shelf. I'm dying to hear your voice coming out of a Barbie Doll. Congrats!
Fantastic! I can't think of anyone better suited to represent Cinderella and her beautiful singing voice for thousands of little girls. Congrats!
O.K. So this is wonderful on so many levels. I will own one of those dolls. The end. Finally Disney caught up with the rest of us and realizes that you sing like an angel, or at least a princess!
AHHHH!!! Oh Em I'm so excited for you! I seriously just got goosebumps! So cool! Congrats!
I will have that doll- NO DOUBT!
ps- I'm loving your hair color
YAY!!!!! I heart this oh so much- Its funny, cause when i explain you to people, I usually say something like, "my sister-in-law that looks like a Barbie!" (that is a compliment btw) and now you are one! Congrats Girl!!!
veeeerry cool! congrats :)
You are so funny- I just buy things when I see them- or potential in them and hope I can do something with them...although, lately, I just keep my eye out if I want something when it goes on sale. You are so sweet. Most of the time I feel like my house is a just a mess of things.
Emily!! I am about to cry over this too! I am so, so, so thrilled for you and you HAVE to tell us when the doll comes out b/c I want to buy one for Zara (and me!) I miss you, as always. Congratulations and I LOVE seeing you living out dreams like this.
we peek in on you guys every now and then... its fun to see all the exciting things you guys are up to! :-) congrats on the cinderella doll! that is soo awesome :-)
WOW!!!! That is AWESOME. You're AMAZING!
Emily, I am so excited for you! When it comes out I'm putting it on facebook that everyone needs to buy the doll so that it becomes a top seller so that they call you in to make more variations of Cinderella! Great master plan right? Woo hoo, you go girl.
Post a Comment