First up was a Palmer family (my mother's side) reunion in the Flagstaff, AZ area. We used to have these every summer over the 4th of July with all my grandmother's eight kids and their kids at my Uncle Grant's cabin. Now the grand kids have kids and needless to say, we were LONG overdue for another reunion.
There were lots of cute babies: my cousins Timmy, Jordan, Greg, and Allison all had little girls within about a year of each other.
Lots of great singing and guitar/ukulele playing:
About two weeks ago I was lucky enough to go to Utah! I got a call from my talent agent in Salt Lake to do another commercial spot for Larry H. Miller, a job I had done a couple of times before, but not for three years. I was thrilled they'd have me back and since Jacob was already making the trek to St. George, and it would give me an opportunity to visit my Rich and Loretta, AND see my new nephew Parker, I jumped on it.
We had a ball. They treated me like a total queen. I slept in the girls room, all to myself, while the little girls slept on a mattress in their parents' room. They are all the most generous hosts. I've told them next time I come, I am sleeping on the LoveSack in the basement. Those sweet little girls were so happy to share their room with me!
So without further ado, HERE HE IS!! My little man!
Jonathan Paker Moffat
We had a ball. They treated me like a total queen. I slept in the girls room, all to myself, while the little girls slept on a mattress in their parents' room. They are all the most generous hosts. I've told them next time I come, I am sleeping on the LoveSack in the basement. Those sweet little girls were so happy to share their room with me!
So without further ado, HERE HE IS!! My little man!
Isn't he adorablewonderfuljuicyandloveable? When I first drove up, Rich and Lo were running a little neighborhood block party and I remember being anxious and maybe a little nervous to meet Parker. It had been nine months since he was born and I have been lucky enough to see pictures, but it's different meeting him for the first time. He was laying on the grass and Lo said, "Here's Parker," and I was so, SO happy to see him. I picked him up and it just felt so good to hold him. He put me at ease right away by spitting up about 2 minutes into my holding him. Takes a special person to share such a personal side with. Yeah, we're tight like that.
On top of everything, they took me to Lagoon. I can't believe them. In all my years living in Utah, I'd never gone, so it was fun to get the chance.
The ride started and she immediately started screaming, "I want my mom!!! I want to get off!!" I was so afraid she'd be scarred for life. I held her as tight as I could and promised her she'd be okay. It was so cute to see her entire family cheering her on each time we went around. They were all smiling and laughing. The ride circled four perilous times, and when it stopped she blurted out this laugh/cough that seemed an equal mix of relief and delight. I asked her if she liked it, she nodded, and then popped off that ride like she'd conquered the world.
On the way home I got to stop for a quick dinner in Provo at Guru's with my best friend from high school, Aileena. I got to see her new apartment (so darling) and the little nursery for her baby Audrey who was due in one week. Last night (Monday, July 26) I got the wonderful news that Audrey was born and mommy, daddy, and baby were all well and happy. I am so happy I got to share in her birthday and I wish them all the very best!!!
Whew!!
And guess what, folks. There's still more.
GIRLS CAMP!
These were all of the girls that came in our ward, plus Kirsten Heder, my saving, camping-loving grace.
This was the lodge. Yes, a lodge. At Camp Hinckley. Yes, a camp built especially for the purposes of LDS girls camp.

And this was the view from our cabin. No joke.
Did I mention there was also a pool?
Whenever any camper complained I was quick to tell them about my girls camp, where we slept in tents, used outhouses, had restricted 3-min. showers that they would pull you out of when time was up, and service projects that consisted of picking up cowpies.
And this was our cabin. The girls in our ward were WONDERFUL. They were full of kind things to say and do for eachother. They really were absolute angels.

And guess what, folks. There's still more.
GIRLS CAMP!
Yes, I know I'm in the primary. AND I'm really not a camper. Don't own a sleeping bag or tent, don't really care to. Not a wilderness pro and don't mind not being so one bit. But the girls needed a second leader and when they asked me, I figured I'd better go. It is SO MUCH WORK but I'm glad I could be there and help and happy they'd have me.
Whenever any camper complained I was quick to tell them about my girls camp, where we slept in tents, used outhouses, had restricted 3-min. showers that they would pull you out of when time was up, and service projects that consisted of picking up cowpies.
And this was our cabin. The girls in our ward were WONDERFUL. They were full of kind things to say and do for eachother. They really were absolute angels.
And that about catches us up. Jacob is in St. George now (since it's now Tuesday and I started this post on Saturday) until shooting begins in two weeks. Just enough time to recoop for the next big event. What a trip!
4 comments:
Ha Ha! Looks like you posted this at 10:02 and I pretty much started reading it at that time. YA! What a fun few weeks you have had! I love that we've got to see in during those times and that you got to go to girls camp. I'm sooooooooo not the camper (in so many ways) so that makes me so happy you got to stay in a cabin. Life is good.
WHoops it's supposed to say, "we've got to see 'YOU'"
during the course of you adventurous life.
Your girls' camp had a LODGE? With CABINS?! I am so jealous. No wonder I never liked camp. There was nothing to do except move rocks around.
I love the pictures of Rich and Loretta's kids. Tell them they must be doing a great job because their kids obviously are crazy about each other. That is delightful to see!
Em, Thanks for the text to check up on your blog. You said soooo many nice things about our family! It just made my day way brighter:) We really did have a great time with you here! Let's get together again soon! We are still planning a little trip to CA in the fall so hopefully we can meet up by the beach or at Disneyland!
Reading your updates about girls camp was totally fun. I'm more excited for ours, as long as rain isn't in the forecast that is. We are in tents.
Also, reading your family reunion update got me thinking about your grandma. How is she doing? Let's catch up soon:) Love ya, Loretta
Post a Comment