Thursday, June 17, 2010

Take Me Out . . .

Lots of fun outings to tell you about. Jacob's latest outing has been to St. George, where he's been since Monday. He's been gone there a lot working in pre-production for an independent film that will be shooting in St. George in August (for which he's Co-Producer, yea!) Here we are at the LA Dodgers game on June 1st! Playing none other than the Diamondbacks! This was one of many happenstance blessings from our financial fast--a very generous friend just offered us his season tickets that he wasn't able to use that night. We were delighted to go and we made a party of it!

No, seriously. Jacob made an actual dance party of it. You may want to zoom in on these pictures if you don't believe me. Jacob had made a goal that he would get on the jumbo tron that night (never mind the thousands of other people there--I mean, what are the chances, right?) I went to the restroom during the 5th inning and when I came out, sure enought I had a text from Jacob telling me he danced like a maniac and had the whole stadium in stitches. I was SO, SO sad to miss it. Then at around the 8th inning, not one, but two cameramen came back to get MORE of Jacob dancing on the jumbo tron of Dodger Stadium. They even got him split-screen! He has moves, I gotta say, he's got moves. And he sets crazy goals and somehow accomplishes them. The Dodgers finally won 1-0 after 10 innings, but Jacob was the star that night, and he has lots of fans to prove it.




Aw. These pictures make me miss him.

In other notable outing news, I went to Disneyland (is that notable??) It was my last season pass trip with my friend Kimber and her 5-year-old daughter, Mimi. Mimi got her hair done up at Downtown Disney to celebrate her birthday and I had a great time tagging along. Kimber and Mimi are part of a mommy group who all go to Disneyland with their kids every Wednesday. I know, can you believe it? I've gone with her twice. I'd call us all spoiled.


I've taken few outings in search of home decor, which outings I always love. I struck gold with these drapes that are hanging in our bedroom--JUST what I wanted. Easiest find ever.

Oh, and you gotta see them pulled back. Don't you just love 'em with the view of the trees and all.
I've kept busy these days nannybabysitting, auditioning, baking, cleaning, going to activities with girls from the ward. (This ward is VERY social. It has quite the reputation for it. I try to take advantage whenever I can.) Tonight's outing was the Relief Society Salad Social for which I made a cobb salad. And yes, I took a picture. Most trouble I've ever gone to for a salad, and well worth it. :)


Goodnight folks, I'm out!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Way to go, Jake!!!

maccam said...

Ha Ha HA!!!!! I so wish we could have been there! That is soooooooo hilarious! What a fun night! Em- your decor skills are GORGEOUS! Great find! Oh, your updates make me so happy! :)

Maddi said...

Love love love this post! All of the memories you've made! Thanks for sharing :)

Aileena said...

Good job on the salad. I get lazy about salads. You just need lettuce right? And I love that Jake danced at th game, that sounds like a goal he'd make. Hope all is well. Miss you tons.

Andrea said...

A Dodgers game! I am so jealous. We miss you guys a lot. I am glad you are doing so well. Good luck with the film! - Devin