Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy 6th on the 6th.

That is right, folks. Six years! We spent the day before our anniversary at (where else?) Disneyland! I'm happy to say that in all our recent visits, the magic has not been the slightest bit diminished and it is still every bit as enchanting and exciting for us every time we go. This day it was raining, and I mean sopping wet and cold, but no worry. Seems t0 be keeping with our theme lately--slightly off-kilter. We still managed to have a great time.

We spent much of the day indoors. This is Jacob inside the Tomorrowland exhibit. He gravitates to technology like I do to shoes, and this was some ipod-like gadget he found to play with in the children's room of "The Dream House." We also stayed to watch a presentation of ASIMO, a 4-foot-tall robot that runs and dances and gets your mail. Very interesting and quite impressive.

We actually made it over to California Adventure to ride the spinning ferris wheel, Soarin' over California, and the Toy Story ride where we ran into cousins on the Arnett side! This, believe it or not, is not the first time we have run into cousins on the Arnett side at Disneyland in the last 5 months we've been living here. That is how many cousins Jacob has, and also why I can't remember them by their first names. (Six years. That's pretty sad. Trouble is, Jacob's no help; he doesn't know their names either. I need a photo family directory and I promise I could resolve the issue. Otherwise, odds are lookin' bleak.)

So to celebrate our first anniversary in California, we did something we had never done and always wanted to do at Disneyland: we ate at The Blue Bayou, the restaurant inside the Pirates of the Carribean ride! Jacob called ahead to make a reservation ahead of time and everything. (Imagine! A plan! I had all but forgotten what plans were since moving here. ;) What a sweetheart!) They were closing the park early due to weather so we were able to get in early (around 7 PM) and Jacob got us a seat right by the water. We were heckled the whole time by the people passing on the boat, and Jacob was sure to give them a good time! There was one group that yelled out, "Kiss her! Kiss her!" So, sure enough, he did and they all cheered. It was kinda cute.


We ordered the crab cake dish with mango salsa and they brought us free dessert topped with Mickey Mouse sprinkles. How adorable. We're also wearing Mickey and Minnie "Happy Anniversary" pins they gave to us on Main Street so people were congratulating us all day. It was really fun.

On the actual day of our anniversary, we went to Jacob's Saturday church basketball game for which he has been called to be the coach. It was fun to hang and watch them play. It is serious business--church ball--for the boys at least, which just makes it all the more amusing for the rest of us. The other wives and I quite enjoyed ourselves.
That afternoon we went to do sealings at the Newport Beach temple. It is just beautiful there and we love the chance to remember our special day. We've done that twice for our anniversary and I highly recommend it.

So pretty, isn't it?
We finished out the day with dinner at that cute little Italian place in downtown Brea, Pane e Vino. After a few or several unsuccessful stops to more familiar (and evidently very busy) other Italian restaurants, we finally settled on this one. And it was delicious.

So there you have it, the beginning of chapter 7 of the Moffat married life. If I say so myself, this year more than most, another year married is a real accomplishment. And I am pretty proud of us.

5 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Absolutely! Congratulations you guys. So happy you get to be together again today. :)

Loretta and Richie said...

So fun! I love that you two have a Disneyland tradition. I'm always impressed with how photogenic you are!

I second the "picture book" with names and basic info.... maybe the Arnett's could publish one before the next reunion. I can count my cousins on two hands... on both sides of my family:)

We love you guys and miss you!

Ashley said...

Congrats!! It sounds like we will be moving to San Diego this fall. We need to do a Disney run together!!

maccam said...

Awesome! Next year is our year for Disneyland trips with you guys! HA HA! Can't wait! It was so GREAT to see you guys ...especially for the fun chat! I always LOVE when you guys come! Can't wait to do it again! Love ya! ~Lots of "!" :)

L&M said...

that was the krumenachers (sp) brent, and morgan and lauren...I used to home teach them....10 years ago!