It's a good thing Jacob isn't very sentimental. I have enough of that trait to last us at least a few dozen generations.
Last night we went to the Downey Studios for a company closing party of sorts. It was an art show with works all contributed by Yo Gabba Gabba's very talented production staff. Here is Jacob with his post-production boss's wife, Julie Windes, who rode with me to the event.


Oh, darn. I don't know who made these, but they're great, aren't they? The whole space was filled with cool stuff like this. These are very special people, I am telling you, and they LOVE what they do.

This is me pseudo-climbing Gabba mountain. Mid-pose, really.
Here was the caterer's artistic contribution to the evening:


Can you believe those? Not only were they edible, they were made of cupcakes! Brobee's arms are a little tell-tale, but otherwise, you can't believe it, huh? And yes, this solid effect requires a
jaw-dropping, borderline repulsive amount of frosting.

Here we are at the Windes' wall, with the artists, Julie and Craig, respectively. The painting in the background was a steal from a garage sale, but the colored paper mermaids taped to it were drawn by their little budding artist of a daughter, Margeaux. I don't know if you can see in the picture, but the figures all have the Margeaux trademark: "donut bangs," as Jacob calls them. So adorable.

More awesome Gabba madness. I think this was Jacob's favorite collection. I like his off-beat, abstract taste. He's that way with his taste in music, too. So fascinating.

A sneak peek at upcoming Gabba guests for Season 3. (Shhh!) Jacob is super-stoked about these (two of his favorites,) which is more than obvious here with his elated facial expression.

Jacob with a couple of his many co-workers, including Joel (left) who directed Jacob's favorite episode this season. He has literally been talking about this one episode for months. He maybe sings the songs from it around the house, and it maybe makes him misty sometimes. MAYBE!

I loved this picture when I saw it, but now, in my sentimentalism, it makes me sad. I don't like the idea of a Gabba heaven, I've decided. Truth is, I don't want my Gabba friends going anywhere that isn't where they've been the last several months, i.e. a very prominent place in our lives. We've loved being part of this wonderful Gabba journey, and though we don't know where it will lead for now, I will always be grateful to these happy folks: Muno, Brobee, Tutti, Foofa, and Plex (and a little DJ called Lance Rock, not pictured), for allowing us the great privilege of being part of it. Sniff sniff. WAHHHHHH!!!!
And yes, there's still 2 more weeks! They're boxing things up at the studio and moving to Anaheim offices for the remainder of their work there. All the more reason to not be, you know, sentimental.
3 comments:
Ahhh! We just watched that episode this morning "ART" that had that last picture in it. I love that Jacob was able to work for them especially because my daughter is sooooooooooooo obsessed with it. ...no exaggeration. :)
I hope to see those new episodes soon! Especially because I [ya, that's right me] need a new video- I've seen each one about a bazillion x's. We love them. They did such a great job! WE are praying for you guys! I know you are (and are going to be more/so so so so so so so) successful there!
Wow, that is a serious party! Those YGG peeps do not mess around.
Thinking of you, always, every day!
Ooooh you guys! I can't wait for the next season! Zara loves that show so much. I must say, since you started working on it, and provided for us to go see it live, I am much, much more attached to the show! I feel like I am connected to it now. Zara seriously sings YGG songs all day, like everywhere she goes. And plays with the 3/5 figurines we have. What a fun show, what a fun looking party, what fun people you all are. If we end up in LA I will be pretty happy, as long as you guys are staying there!
Post a Comment