I hope it's been a wonderful new year start for all of you! I am happy to say we have hit the ground running and I have a LOT of catching up to do here, so get comfortable:
Seussical!
My family came, Jacob's family and extended family came . . . it was so nice. It is really fun, if a little (or very) hectic and nutty to do a show around Christmas. This is the second year in a row I've done it, and it's the second year in a row I haven't sent out Christmas cards. Yes, there is most certainly a correlation between the two.
It was so nice to have Jacob's family come visit the weekend before Christmas, and they were all so kind to accommodate me in their travel plans. I was lucky enough to have Maddi's company on the 6 hour drive home, (which was just before her performance at the temple that night, which was just before some other massive single adult caroling party hosted at the Moffats, by the Moffats--which is basically, in summation, the life of a Moffat. I mean, what else do you do after a 6 hr. drive home but have 10 more hours of planned activities that you're in charge of? ;) Isn't she beaming in the middle there? My niece Eve was there too and dancing in the aisles. She was so excited to talk to Maddi afterward because she wanted so badly to meet one of the "ballerinas."
Home suite home. This, folks, is where Jacob and I had the pleasure of staying for Christmas--the gorgeous guest room (one of three) of my parents' newly remodeled (and jaw dropping) home. Sick. This one room is about 1/3 larger than our entire current place of residence, kitchenette, bath and all. I'm happy for them, really. As if I wouldn't be. As if I would be jealous. Of my parents. That's just ridiculous . . .
This was a strange phenomena, but I was craving the chance to bake bread. As if the desire had been building since last September, by the time I got home to an oven where it was possible, I was, like, dying to bake bread. I think there's a metaphysical, cosmic explanation for it (and why one session of four loaves was evidently not enough,) but I thoroughly enjoyed the process while it lasted--and every bite of the results til their disappearance. Mmm, granny bread. One of the best things I learned to do in 2009 for sure! (Isn't he cute?)
Christmas Eve was magical. I am so glad we have gotten to spend the holidays with both our families each year of our marriage. My families are my favorite people. I relish spending time with them. What a gift that is.
Could.
Sisters, sisters . . . okay, I know that joke has so been done, but given I was actually in the show this year, I'm giving myself license.
Dalton/Dixon music program. More amazing performances by the year.
Caroling with the Moffats. Grandma (G-ma) Lorraine got in on the action this year. This is my dad's favorite, having the Moffats come and carol Christmas Eve. And, in true Moffat fashion, it's a production, one spectacular musical sensation, complete with rehearsal, ukele, and bongos! Woo woo!
Merry Christmas Baby! Gotta love the Moffat pjs! (This year's theme: "Going Green: not for the environment, we just like the color.)
Mom and dad opening their guest book for their "new and improved" and very special home. Much of my heart is still there, as I'm sure is a piece of the hearts of all who've lived there: over a dozen foreign exchange students and friends and family "in transition," all of whom contribute to what I believe is a very special spirit there. I pray with all my heart I will be in a position to continue in that tradition someday. My husband's family is much the same way and that heritage of generosity is something I absolute treasure.

Christmas brunch at G-ma Lorraine's! So delicious. I think this one was actually my favorite one in 6 years because Jacob and I were able to go and help her set up Christmas Eve. We loved getting to spend the extra time with G-ma. And her cooking is amazing!

Then it was on to the Christmas gift-opening marathon at the Moffats. I LOVE this part. And more spoiling of adorable nieces! EVEN BETTER! I have so many pictures of this. Shoes, skirt, purse, shades. Check. Fabulous, darling.

Such a happy boy! Jacob opening his inspirational artwork gifts from Mr. & Mrs. Claus.
Christmas brunch at G-ma Lorraine's! So delicious. I think this one was actually my favorite one in 6 years because Jacob and I were able to go and help her set up Christmas Eve. We loved getting to spend the extra time with G-ma. And her cooking is amazing!
Then it was on to the Christmas gift-opening marathon at the Moffats. I LOVE this part. And more spoiling of adorable nieces! EVEN BETTER! I have so many pictures of this. Shoes, skirt, purse, shades. Check. Fabulous, darling.
Such a happy boy! Jacob opening his inspirational artwork gifts from Mr. & Mrs. Claus.
This was pretty awesome. Cammy had asked at Thanksgiving if she could pay me to make matching hats for her girls. My ego and I were so appreciative, we immediately began crafting the plan to surprise her with gifts for Christmas (since, conveniently, we "drew" them this year)! Cammy was so precious when she saw the hats, I think I may have enjoyed the emotion on her face as much as I enjoy this little doll donning the gift itself. (And she wore it all day, too!)
Mom and Pop having a lazy Christmas afternoon. My brother called home from his mission on Christmas, which he spent in Corona. I know it hadn't even been 6 months, but I swear he sounded more mature. It was so great to talk to him. We love and miss him so.
Mac, Cam, and Chantelle at the (First Annual?) Christmas Night pot luck buffet at the Moffats. It was so nice to have an occasion to be with everyone after the festivities on Christmas night. There was an open extended family/in-law invitation and we enjoyed music, great leftovers, and of course, more of each other.
Whew! D'we make it?
And to all a good night!
2 comments:
You are so very thorough! I love it! My kids really appreciated all the pictures of...well, themselves. :)
Ya, fun post. I'm glad we were worthy of it! I love seeing pics of all your shows. How fun! I also am in love with their hats! I show them off all the time and I'm glad it's getting colder these next few days so I can really show them off! Love ya girl!
Post a Comment