
December 4th was the 10th anniversary of our first date: my junior year winter formal--The Snowball. We went on one of those marathon, all-day dates which included seeing Toy Story 2, making gingerbread houses, and sitting on Santa's lap at the Superstition Springs Mall. I bought Jacob "UP!" to commemorate the special day and we enjoyed some Italian in downtown Brea. Still kicking after 10 years--us and Pixar.

And my family came this weekend! This was such a treat to have little Devlin come to Seussical! His first show! I'm so honored. He was my inspiration through the whole process. I just couldn't wait for him to see it. I didn't get a picture the night they came, but this is the night before, after dinner and a long drive from AZ. He was all smiles the next night! ;)
So guess what we did on my day off? Duh! What else do we do around here, seriously?


We kept it a surprise from Devlin that we were going to Disneyland til we were in the car and on the way. Papa asked him if it would be alright if we spent the day at Disneyland to which he replied enthusiastically, "No problem!" He loved every ride. No, really. Every ride we got off he said was his favorite.

Miss Iris was so good all day and napped in her stroller while she and I browsed around the gift shop and everyone else went on the Nemo ride. Her mom got her a little light-up necklace souvenir that Iris found absolutely captivating. She wore it all night and was wearing it again when I saw her this morning in her carseat before the ride home.
I think my favorite part of the whole day yesterday might have been carrying Devlin on my shoulders down Main Street during the Christmas Fantasy parade. He was calling out and waving to all the characters and Santa Claus like they were long lost friends. There is nothing like taking a sweet kid to Disneyland. Nothing.
Well, I'm glad we could at least offer free parking if we couldn't host the family yet. And I'm so glad they were all willing to make the effort! And oh, it's so great to see them. A nice little Christmas preview, I think.
3 comments:
Man, was Toy Story 2 really 10 years ago?? I want to see pictures from The Snowball, you guys!
I'm glad you had a great performance and a wonderful time with your family.
How fun that your family came over for your show! So fun you guys all went to Disneyland too!
Em, you are amazing to remember your first date! How romantic. I remember what we did on our first formal date.... but the actual date, date.... nope.
We will miss you this Holiday season and hope to see you soon! Thanks for posting.
Ha! We did it! We went to California! See, there are pictures.
It was super fun. Disneyland was awesome. Your show was awesome. The "cat in the hat" hat is getting lots of use around here.
See you soon!
Post a Comment