Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Chapters of the Holidays


Chapter 1: Disneyland Kick-off!

Nothing says holiday spirit like an iced princess castle and a 50-ft. Christmas tree. Jacob and I took the first chance we got to celebrate the season at Disneyland. We hit about 6 rides in just over 2 hours. One of my favorite parts of Disneyland is staying 'til close and soaking it all in during the mass exodus down Main Street. Perfect time for a picture, huh Jake? Ha!


Chapter 2: Gentlemen's Holiday--Birthday Party with the Boys

Parker celebrated his birthday at the UCLA vs. ASU game in LA. All the boys made the trip for the weekend! I thought that was so cool. No girls allowed, but it looks like they still somehow, despite themselves, managed to have a great time.


Chapter 3: Thanksgiving in Temecula at The Moffat Reunion

We had a pancake ball and scrambled eggs breakfast with homemade apple syrup at the park. SO delicious! Doesn't Peggy look great? She was just glowing!

And here's Jacob playing Martha Stewart, or doing his best to good-naturedly mock me, not sure which. I was all too eager to contribute to the Thanksgiving dinner as this is the first Thanksgiving I have had access to my own oven, albeit a toaster oven, but whatever. I made two kinds of cookies: chocolate and cinnamon chip, and carrot cake with white chocolate chip. And yes, I put a bow on 'em. Not kidding when I said "all too eager." This is the house where we stayed, the house every one of us girls fell in love with the moment we stepped inside. It was beautiful--really beautiful--but let's face it, at the moment it doesn't take much to impress me with a living space.

Here is the Rhodes' newest grandbaby, Owen, with doting mother, grandmother, and of course, my sister-in-law Cammy. He is such a cutie!

I was so happy to see McKenna! Trust me, she was excited too. Don't let this picture fool you. ;)

Uncle Rob was really lovin' on Chantelle, whom he met for the first time on Thanksgiving. And the feeling, I can assure you, was mutual.

And I did manage to get one picture of all of us--singing "Gingerbread" just after Thanksgiving dinner for the talent show portion of the weekend. The song is an original co-written by our very own Rob and it is SO fun to sing!
Oh, Thanksgiving was much too short! I was happy to have the day, but it was so hard to miss the family the rest of the weekend knowing they were so close. I'm so happy we'll have the chance to see them all again at Christmas! And we'll get another Moffat family reunion sooner than usual--4th of July 2012! That is gonna rock!



Chapter 4: If you can't spend the rest of Thanksgiving with your family, you can always spend it with The Grinch

Seriously! He's in the show!

We've just wrapped up tech week, two dress rehearsals, and our first preview is tomorrow! Here's a sneak peak for those of you who are coming: Christmas pageant Whos. I saw these hats and just about died! Aren't they the cutest?! I love these girls.

I haven't had a spirit day since high school and in this crowd--it was just awesome! This was "Rockstar" day. This cast takes their showing of spirit very seriously. I have the pictures to prove it, but just take my word on this one. Serious, serious spirit.


Chapter 5: Decking the Halls

I am so excited about this! We have decorations! Actual Christmas decorations that look beautiful and cost the price of dirt, which was roughly the budget I was given this year for yuletiding. I had bought a 12-inch tree, miniature ornaments, and a little string of lights thinking it was all we could afford (we have decorations packed away in AZ, after all) but it did nothing, absolutely nothing I tell you for my Christmas spirit. Fate was sympathetic and handed me all of these evergreen beauties, pre-lit and with monstrous discounts, enough so to satisfy the allotted funds. I put on Faith Hill's Christmas album and set it all up as a surprise for Jacob when he got home and he loved it! It reminds me of the December room of our favorite Bed & Breakfast in Salt Lake, so cozy and warm.


And with that, I am officially, 100% excited and feeling the spirit of Christmas.

5 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Ack! Your bed, it's gorgeous! And I love the Who hats. Devlin is going to lose his sweet little mind.

I'm so excited, we're coming to see your show! la la la la la la!

Peg and Parker said...

What a wonderful post. I'm glad you documented the Holidays so far and there's more to come. You have a great homemaking sense even in the smallest spaces. I applaud the effort toward Christmas spirit. I am working on that myself and feel inspired by you! Can't wait to see your show!

Loretta and Richie said...

Thanks for the update!

I love the decor in your little place.

We are sad we missed the reunion but VERY HAPPY to miss participating in the talent show! My girls miss you and "Jacob."

Hope to see you soon!

Staci said...

What a FUN post!!! So many great pictures of so many great events! LOVE the Seussical hats, they are SO cute! Your Christmas decorations look great & your bedroom is gorgeous, not that I expected anything else from you!

AND...I'm going to go Tivo Bonnie for the rest of the month:) I hope it hasn't already aired!

Macey said...

Your life is so exciting; glad you got to have turkey day with fam.