Friday, February 13, 2009

My new nickname

So, I think Jacob discovered when he was here this weekend that despite my being new to LA, I am keeping myself very busy. I am on all the websites--submitting myself for auditions, going to open calls, singing, dancing, you name it! If it pays and isnt x-rated, I'm there. So when I showed up to rehearsal yesterday with yet another dress on, my friend Laura said, "You're an audition hoar!" I had no argument. She's totally right!


But sometimes it pays off. Like last week when I showed up for the Theaterworks and Geffen auditions and these guys were there! My old college/Pioneer theater buddies: Jeff and Jeff! (+ Courtney, not pictured.) They (and a few rounds of Phase 10) made the few hours wait a little more bearable. I see people I know here all the time. Like Kent from Pioneer at the Evita auditions, five minutes after I got here--no joke! It's crazy and I love it!

So what's next on the audition agenda? Line-dancing/back-up singing tonight at the Cowboy Palace Saloon. Yeehaw!

6 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Sounds like fun! Gonna call you today. :)

Amy said...

Audition whore. That is hilarious. Good luck with everything!

Samantha said...

Emily!! It looks like you are having so much fun!!! What an exciting life you are living!!

Aileena said...

I was laughing about the whore spelling too! I thought to myself-my sweet innocent best friend who has a knack for spelling-only cute little she wouldn't know how to spell the word whore-simply because she didn't see or use it ever! I love you and I'm glad you are having fun.

The McKay's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The McKay's said...

Emily, you are so cute. I love how you misspelled whore. I will forever laugh now and want to spell it "hoar" in your honor...Hilarious :)