Friday, February 6, 2009

5 Fabulous Years

I have been so looking forward to this beautiful and oh-so-happy day when I could say my favorite boy in the world and I have been married five wonderful years. I can't believe it. I can't believe I am so lucky to have him, to always have him. I can't believe I got so lucky to find him in jr. high and enjoy his friendship for the last 12 years. I can't believe all the times he's been there for me for the most important things in my life, present or not. I can't believe how privileged I am to be his little wife. To me, there is no better man in the world than my sweet Jacob.

If you've got a pulse and have been within earshot of me the last few weeks, you've probably heard me dissertate about our upcoming special day or bear my testimony of the beauty of marriage or wax long and poetic about my sweetheart. Well, today is no exception, and being that it is our special day, and Jacob and I are together again after 4 weeks of separation, I think I'm entitled.

Here's to 5 Fabulous Years!
Day 1: The undisputed happiest day of my life. There was nothing better to me this day than to know that I had my Jacob forever. Nothing in this life could take him from me. I am still as happy today with him by my side. He's my better half, no matter what he says!



Day 4: Aboard H.M.S Carnival for the formal dinner on our honeymoon. We had a rockin' time on our cruise. We were treated like royalty and Jacob brought the ship down with his world-renowned version of Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond. This is still one of my favorite pictures of him.


Day 366: We'd moved states, I officially started my major, Jacob was working at the dental lab and we celebrated our first year at our favorite Bed & Breakfast. And yes, we ate our year-old cake too!


Day 651: Jacob maintaining his title as world's most supportive husband, cheering me on singing the national anthem. He did this for me in high school for the Diamondbacks, too, which I also count. Hey, it's my title and I make the rules.



Day 812: College Graduation. This kid earned two degrees in my book. (Yes, I also have a book.) He would use his lunch break to come over to campus and be my leading man in scenes and short musicals I had to perform for my classes. It was so important to me to graduate and he worked full-time as the breadwinner til I finished. This is a day before I left on a 30-day tour where he flew out on three weekends to Texas, Oklahoma, and Missouri to be with me.


Day 975: Oh my goodness, I can't believe him. I just can't believe him. This is during the Cats run at Tuacahn, where he took the 4-hour-one-way shuttle every weekend for 10 weeks to be with me. Oh yeah, and he was in school at the time.


Day 1637: Our 3rd visit to the happiest place on earth last summer. Jacob had graduated and we were celebrating a family vacation with every last one of his family. We traveled like pros last year to Chicago, New York, San Francisco, whew! Isn't he (prince) charming in this?


Day 1790/1791: And of course, there's been a lot of this over the years. Happy new year baby! I love me some Jacob. Mm!


Day 1827: 5 blissful years and this is how we've celebrated so far. Jacob took a red-eye flight into LA this morning after a sleepless night and is darn-well tuckered out. But he's sleeping next to me and I am one very, very happy girl.

10 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Congratulations! This is how it should be. :)

Aileena said...

That's adorable, and I am so glad you guys got married! Happy 5 years!!!! go have fun now!

The Standrings said...

happy anniversary

maccam said...

Happy Anniversary guys! What beautiful pictures! Love, Cam

spice2116 said...

so cool how you have did the whole picture/day thing congrats to you both, it only gets better :)

Samantha said...

You guys are so sweet. Happy, happy, happy anniversary!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Happy Anniversary you two!!!

Loretta and Richie said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!

Peg and Parker said...

I am so happy that you got to spend some time together! And Happy Anniversary!

Ashley said...

Happy 5 years! You guys are so cute!