Isn't this fantastic? Let me answer that for you. Yes it is. Seeing Mary Poppins on Broadway sparked a pang of hunger that has since grown into a catastrophic famishment for want of stage. I have auditioned for everything I could get my hands on, and ironically enough, I was gonna skip this one. Jacob wouldn't have that, thank goodness. This particular offer is ultra sweet because this theater is notorious for casting equity actors out of New York, and not local talent. However, they have condescended to select yours truly in the ensemble, and I am utterly delighted that today is the day (or, well, August) and this is the project. Raise the roof! Toot-toot my horn! Woo-hoo! Alright, I'm done. Really.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
'Bout time!
I'm in! I made it! It's official! I auditioned, they called me back, I sang, danced, read, sang, and sang again, and today they called me! It took me five tries, but I am now IN the cast of a Pioneer Theater production. And the fabulous fall musical in which I'll be appearing is, drumroll please, . . .
Isn't this fantastic? Let me answer that for you. Yes it is. Seeing Mary Poppins on Broadway sparked a pang of hunger that has since grown into a catastrophic famishment for want of stage. I have auditioned for everything I could get my hands on, and ironically enough, I was gonna skip this one. Jacob wouldn't have that, thank goodness. This particular offer is ultra sweet because this theater is notorious for casting equity actors out of New York, and not local talent. However, they have condescended to select yours truly in the ensemble, and I am utterly delighted that today is the day (or, well, August) and this is the project. Raise the roof! Toot-toot my horn! Woo-hoo! Alright, I'm done. Really.
Isn't this fantastic? Let me answer that for you. Yes it is. Seeing Mary Poppins on Broadway sparked a pang of hunger that has since grown into a catastrophic famishment for want of stage. I have auditioned for everything I could get my hands on, and ironically enough, I was gonna skip this one. Jacob wouldn't have that, thank goodness. This particular offer is ultra sweet because this theater is notorious for casting equity actors out of New York, and not local talent. However, they have condescended to select yours truly in the ensemble, and I am utterly delighted that today is the day (or, well, August) and this is the project. Raise the roof! Toot-toot my horn! Woo-hoo! Alright, I'm done. Really.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
EMILLLYYYYY!!!!!THIS IS AWESOME! I know how much you want something like this, so this is just so exciting! Congratulations!! Keep us updated on what part you'll have, etc.!! SO happy!
Oh, awesome! I think this is reason enough for me to pop up there for a weekend or something, what do you say? Congratulations, and I'll be looking for plane fares in August. :)
Congrats, Emily!! Maybe you got it because I didn't show up and bother you in the hall at your audition this time? ;-) Glad I found your blog--I clicked over here somehow from a string of mutual friends. I'm super excited for you and I'll make sure to try to come to your show!
Congratulations, Emily! No one deserves this more than you do. You're gonna do great!
Ohhhhhhh Em I am SO excited for you!!! You will be fantastic, amazing, and totally awesome! You always are any way. WAY TO GO!!!
Congrats Em!
Congratulations!!!!! Yes, please tell us what the run dates are and what you are doing! I am so excited for you!
Congrats! Let me know when it goes up....any excuse to get up there! Gotta be a show stalker.
Congrats Em! That is so awesome! You are going to be fantastic! I'm with Peg...any excuse to go up there! Love, Cam
Wow, girl!! So exciting. You'll be so fab...
Yay! Congrats!
Woot woot! Congrats gorgeous! We are so excited for you!!! Way to gooooooo!!!! :)
So excited for you Emily! I will have to come up and see you! I also just saw it on Broadway in NY in February and it was awesome.
Wow, Emily..that's so exciting!!! Congratulation's!!!
YAY! I'm so excited for you! Pioneer is tough for BYU students to get into, too. YOU'RE FABULOUS!
Congratulations Emily! You will be so great! Definitely let us know when the run dates are and what part you will be playing. We are excited for you!
You rock! That is so awesome!
Yeah for you, Em - We love you - We're sure you'll do great, and, hopefully, this will springboard for more roles - good luck - keep us updated!
YESSSSSS! I am so glad. Go jake for making you try out for this one. Definately let us know what you will be doing, and where is this theater. Alas, I am a little bummed, because once again I can't make one of your plays. Someday, you'll be in one I can see. But for the mean time.. WAY TO GO!!!!!!
Love you, Aileena
Post a Comment