Sunday, June 15, 2008

Just call me Michael Jordan :)

So no Disney this time, but don't lose heart, it will happen. I've come to realize something very important through all of this: I don't usually get what I want on the first (or second) try. And you know what, I have never wanted my dreams handed to me on a silver platter. If 10 tries is what it takes, so be it. I'd rather work for it. Don't get me wrong, it's hard, it's very hard. Having done it a lot in my time, I'll be the first to tell you I curse it sometimes. But when I reach my goal, no one can point their finger and say I haven't sacrificed for it. That makes my ultimate victory that much sweeter.

So I wanted to write and tell you all how much I appreciate your wonderful, encouraging, and supportive responses you made on the last post. I was so surprised and delighted to read of my sweet friends and family that are rooting for me. This is hardly adequate to express how much I truly appreciate it. Truth is, I'm auditioning for one thing or another at least once a week and I think I should include you guys in the process a little more often--you know, to keep my ego in top shape. ;) You guys are all awesome.

As a token of my gratitude, I will share with you my new favorite poem. I found this in a "Positive Thoughts" book in the gift shop at the Chicago airport. I liked it so much, I bought the book.

Hold fast to your dreams!
Within your heart
Keep one still, secret spot,
Where dreams may go,
And, sheltered so,
May thrive and grow
Where doubt and fear are not.
O keep a place apart,
Within your heart,
For little dreams to go!

--Louise Driscoll

Or in other words, "If you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true."
Thank you so much for showing your support. It has made a big difference to this little girl.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Good for you for having such a positive attitude. You obviously are in the right profession since you can bounce back and keep trying: I think I'd sit in a corner and cry! When your big break comes you'll love it/appreciate it so much because of this process. Go You!

The Wizzle said...

Em, you rock. That is all.

Aileena said...

disney is lame any more, those sell outs are seriously losing out. man they think they can just buy out miyazaki and the muppets, let go of pixar and not cast my best friend. Man- we need walt-there's a man who had a dream and saw it come true, if he were alive he'd cast in you in a split second. oh well- you'll get it one day, maybe even tink huh. she's my fave and so are you.

The McKay's said...

I LOVE that poem...Thank you for sharing!