Monday, July 9, 2007

Guilty Pleasures



These are the two hosts of one of my very favorite shows, (if not THE favorite show, since Studio 60 has officially been taken off the air, grrr...) called What Not to Wear. It is such a good show that even my husband loves it. We watched 3 straight episodes on Friday night and ate Jacob's homemade peanut butter and nutella swirl ice cream without a hint of guilt. Jacob has such a critical film eye and he praises the show's production which I think somehow validates me watching it fanatically as I sometimes do. And now I've hooked him. he he

And if that wasn't enough to make for a very indulgent weekend, we spent all day Saturday at a water park courtesy of my awesome work. Rich and Loretta (Jacob's bro. and his wife) and their kids were there to share in the joy and to witness two big events for me, my winning of a $50 gift card to Nordstrom in the raffle (did I mention I love my work?), and my earning of this lovely, glimmering fat lip I got from the seemingly harmless (but NOT!) water slide in the background. I went down the one on the right which is the faster of the two, and it jarred me so much that after the first plummet, I knocked my mouth on my pathetic-excuse-for-a-protective-sliding mechanism, bruising my chin and both my lips and nearly lost my swimming suit altogether. But I survived and feel courageous as ever having battled and overcome (albeit meagerly) the death-defying slide.

4 comments:

Peg and Parker said...

Hey cute pictures kids. I love that you hang together and make memories. Wish we could be together with you. Sorry about your lip Em, but 50 at nordstorms! Yea!

Loretta and Richie said...

Em, Thanks so much for inviting us to your work party and treating us to a free and fun day at the water park! We had a blast! I didn't get a thank you card off yet so maybe I can count this? How is your lip by the way? My arm is still healing but feeling better every day. Love ya, Rich, Loretta, Jacie, & Cameron

Samantha said...

I miss you. I wish we lived close together. That is all.

The Wizzle said...

Ha, I am totally, shamelessly ADDICTED to What Not to Wear! David likes it too, although he claims merely to "tolerate" it. I think he has a crush on Clinton. Er, Stacy. Anyway...

$50 to Nordstrom? Does your work have a location in Mesa? I sing too, you know, if you could just pass the word along please. Thanks!