Monday, October 15, 2012

September in the Sun

September was lovely.  We've had a lot of fun since our last post.  Fall has been looking brighter than our summer was.  That said, even through our harder times, we have so much to be grateful for.  So much of my joy and gratitude is wrapped up in the people who have made me a wife and mother.  I have the whole world with those two.  The whole world.

Jasper and his mommy love us some play dates.  Sebastian and Oliver Shumway and their mom, KT, came over for lunch and we had a ball.  No, an actual ball.  This cute little toy is all about them, and so is my son!


Jasper decided to wear his new UCLA pjs from Uncle Rob for the first home game (which they won, I'm sure, because of this.)  Go Bruins!  And go cousin Kevin!





So my lovely friend Sarah Champion (on the right, here with Erin McKay) was gone for four long months nannying in Ireland this summer, and I was so happy to have her back, I threw her a party.  This place was simply not the same without her.  For real!  I hope she never leaves again, unless I do, in which case I hope to take her with me.   


The Gamon Sisters, Karla and Paulina, and Lisa Staub.


Jack Taggart, Dan Heder, and Carson McKay at the sundae table.


The Gamons, Lisa, Johanna Taggart, Stacy Stevens, Daphne Miles, Sarah & Drew Champion



September was also awesome because my brother got married.  My baby brother.  Is married.  Sheesh.


Aren't they gorgeous?  I love kissing pictures.



All the Dalton boys, minus the groom.  Jasper was his usual charming self, as you can see.  Not.  



So many beautiful people in this picture.  I love these guys!



Congrats, Dave!  We love you!

After the wedding, as Jake and I were driving home, we drove past this.  This is me at my old house, the first one I can remember.  I lived here at 1611 E. 3rd Avenue in Mesa from ages 2-7.  I remember learning to ride a bike on that street where I'm standing.  I remember the beautiful Christmases here with piles of gifts, our pet cat, Lickety, our pet golden retriever, Sophie.  The house looks EXACTLY as it did when we lived there, no new paint colors or anything.  I had such a happy childhood, and my memories start here.  It was overwhelming and touching to take it in again for  a little while.


After the wedding was the luncheon, seen here.  They catered Cafe Rio and it was delicious!!


And at the beautiful reception in the backyard.


This is us a day after the wedding (before the reception that night) at Cheesecake Factory.  David and Audrey took their honeymoon to Disneyland, but we caught them before they left.


Aunt Bobbie, and Uncle Fred (my dad's siblings) and his wife, JoAnn all came in town for the occasion, too.  SUCH a treat to see them--and all together!  This is rare and special since they live in three different states.



So nice to get some hangout time with family.  Look at that boy with his sweet Papa.  Lucky, lucky.  


Jake has already started teaching Jasper to golf.  He sawed off a full club into one that's a toddler's size, and bought a grip for it.  It is so cute.  Jake also got him a golf ball that lights up, so he's official!  And he loves to play golf!  "Gah!" he'll say.



This is one of the many blessings of living in the little spot that we do.  We have this open courtyard in our triplex that feels like ours because we're one of the only ones that use it.  And we use it almost everyday, so it's like Jasper has his own yard.


Sleeping baby.  I never get over it.


Fall, as it turns out, is a great time to take a beach day.  No tourists and nice, ripe, hot weather.  It doesn't seem to cool off much here until November.  Boy, though, are we good and ready for that!


Jasper LOVES the beach.  It's all-inclusive entertainment for him.  We took this trip with the Champions and they commented it's like a day off of parenting for us.  It's so true!


Jake and Drew built this pyramid.  Nice, huh?  People stopped to take pictures by it all day.  They felt so snazzy for their accomplishment.  Jake is like a kid at the beach: building things in the sand, boogy-boarding.  He loves it!  Like father, like son.





Glad I spotted that swimsuit before he outgrows it next year.  We were gifted so many swimsuits, and you know, for how often we've used them, three really wasn't too many!


And this pretty much sums up the day.  One of the best pictures ever.  
My cup runneth over.


Jasper got some new fall clothes since he's outgrown his latest size and is now edging into 2T.  What a grown-up, darling little man I've got!


In his church clothes!  Could you die?


I LOVE to dress him up.  He's like my little doll and I just do not tire of admiring him in his duds.


This sharp little outfit was given to him at his baby shower by Aunt MerryAnn.  We've been patient, but it fits now!  And boy, do we all love it!



But we may not always love the picture-taking. 
(P.S. I love the way Jasper's nose looks when he cries.  It turns into even more of a button.  So cute!)


In his new fall onesie and one of his several awesome hand-me down pants from the Lyons.  We scored on pants in this size.  He's got seven or eight pair, all different colors.  So much fun.





He's the cutest of all.  How I adore that face.



Jake is a big softy and can't stand to hear Jasper cry, so when he woke up early from his nap, daddy went in to hold him and they wound up like this.


Hard to tell what I like best about this picture.  One thing is for sure: I am one lucky lady!


Jasper milestones:  Jasper is climbing on everything these days.  He can climb onto chairs, and then onto the desk.  He climbs onto the toilet, he climbs on the bookcases in his room, on the couch, the ottoman, you name it.  Nothing is too big for him to give the old college try. And he doesn't fall much.  He has a good amount of caution so far, thank goodness!  And since last week, about 15 1/2 months, he's also down to taking just one nap, which I'm actually loving.  His nap is usually longer that way--2-3 hours and that actually gives this mama enough time to wind down for a nap sometimes, too.  I love my naps more than any baby out there!  He's still not talking much yet, but I can tell we're getting close.  He's started pointing at things and saying "da!" as if to say, "look at that!"  He's eating in his booster seat AT THE TABLE and feeding himself off of bowls and plates with his own utensils.  So grown up!  I can even feed him cereal, which is awesome.  He runs.  He dances.  He loves to thrash around on the bed.  He is always up for fun.  Always.  And we love it. 

No comments: