Friday, January 13, 2012

Merry Christmas Mega-Post (a teensy bit late. . .)

Jacob and I were able to go home to AZ for Christmas (well, and Thanksgiving) this year. We were so excited to have two full weeks off in December, which is rare, and then to have PAID vacation! What a Christmas miracle. Of course, the best part, was all the time with family.

So, I'll be wrapping up the holidays in one giant, messy post! Ready . . . here goes!!

The Decorations

We were home in CA between Thanksgiving and Christmas for all of like, 16 days, but yes, we still set up the tree and decorations in our apartment. It ain't Christmas without it!



This year we had stockings hung over an actual fireplace! For an extra touch of magic!




I always take pictures of the gifts under the tree. I've come to love wrapping them with real ribbon and think they make for some lovely decorations in their own right!


The Moffat Shin-dig
December 23

Peggy usually has something elaborate up her sleeve, and though this year was a highly-publicized "toned down" Christmas, we still packed A LOT of activity into our Christmas Eve Eve celebration.

First up was crafting Christmas song-themed scenery out of boxed cereal, in teams, of course. With prizes, of course.

Ta da! Here's Jacie, one of the many darling spotlight-lovers in the Moffat fam. Nearly every last one of them is an entertainer. It's loud. It's crazy. And it's super fun when we all get together.

Then there were family pictures.

Jasper, being the best sport he can during nap time.

I LOVE this one. They took a picture like this last year with all the grandkids and this year they've grown by two! And so far, there's already another one on the way! They have their hands full, don't they?!

The Cliffords

The (Rich) Moffats

All the grandkids, minus Boston.

Then we had dinner, and each got a box of our favorite cereal for gifts from Peg.

And a "Snaps" shirt, which Jasper's wearing. Free advertisements for her (fabulous) new cookie and catering company!


(He looks like a full-on boy to me in this picture. I see no baby, I see a grown-up boy! AGH!!!)

And to top it all off, we went caroling. I LOVE caroling. It's one of my dreams someday to walk the streets of our own neighborhood and go caroling to our neighbors and bring them a treat, like I used to do with my family. These guys take it very seriously, with rehearsals and often musical instruments. We took Jasper home and put him to bed before the caroling and stayed up late at the Moffats playing (and losing BADLY) a few rounds of 42.



The Dalton Shin-dig
Christmas Eve







Good morning, baby Jasper! Merry Christmas Eve! Gonna put you in as many darling Christmas outfits as we can in the next two days! Want to really make the most of this very special first holiday!

Everybody's favorite form of entertainment: watching Jasper jump in his jumper and listening to the King Singers while Jake and my dad cook up some magic in the kitchen.

Baby Jasper! It is Christmas Eve!! Your first one!!! Do you have any idea how awesome this is???!!!

That's more like it!!


Finally time for Christmas Eve dinner . . . and baby needs another nap! (But not a bad first family Christmas photo, huh?)


Love us some Dalton/Dixon Christmas Eve dinners!


My family (minus the parents). Nice to have David back from his mission this year!


Dave cuddles Iris.

I cuddle Jasper.

And so does Jake.
Best time of year for cuddling.

We have our program, where we sing a trio of the song, "Heirlooms." Jasper was so sweet and quiet the whole time.

And I got a little mommy dream fulfilled when MY baby, little Jasper, got to be the baby Jesus. :)



And Jake was his usual rockin', rainbow wiseman. Nice "treasure" you got there, Jake!


Whew! What a night! Then it was off to dreamland after a Christmas bedtime story and song.


Christmas Morning!
Oh my goodness! It's here! I can't believe it's actually here! Jasper's 1st Christmas!!!


After a very satisfying night's sleep, first picture on Christmas. (Remember this, Emily! He probably won't be sleeping so soundly on Christmas Eve for many years to come.)

But yup! He's having fun!





And so are we!!!


My mom still fills up our stockings with a giant orange from the backyard, toothpaste and toothbrushes. She's so sweet. I had to take a picture of the little baby stocking. We are a family of three! Yay!


My dad got about three copies of the new Amy Winehouse album, Lioness. I couldn't buy it for him before he bought it for himself! Dang it!


David and his honey, Audrey. Aren't they adorable? David found a girl just as skinny and tall as he is. And dare I say, even sweeter!


Surprise! Jake got a golfball from the Cheers bar in Boston. We love that show! My parents went to the bar during a visit back east in October and brought it back for him. So sweet, huh?!


Jasper got some spoons and a bib from Nana,


Rice cereal from Mom and Dad


The Polar Express book. I LOVE this book, had to get it for him.

And a "Sunshine Bear" from his mom and Nana (my mom). My dad's mother (whom we also called Nana) gave me a teddy bear my first Christmas. He had overalls with a rainbow on them and he was called "Sunshine Bear." My Nana passed away about two months later, but I still have that bear. I thought it would be awesome to continue the tradition and give Jasper a teddy bear from his Nana Dalton on his first Christmas. He was the softest, cutest bear we could find.

(The jammies he's wearing are from Grammy Moffat (Jake's mom) and the darlingest of all darling hats, my sister made for him. This is Jasper having his first ever bite of solid foods: rice cereal (that he got that day for Christmas.)


Well, there was yet MORE celebrating to do at the Moffat house . . .

We had every single Moffat there, which is quite a feat. Three out of six siblings live in California, but we all made it home. Rich and Lo will be moving back to Utah next month, so who knows when we'll ALL be back together again.

Parker. Stud.


Boston in his bumbo with his "Snappy" parents, Meg and Chris.


Jasper spends some quality time with Grandpa Moffat. Parker has such a way with babies. And Jasper's doing his classic hold your face move. Can't you just SEE the love in this picture?

Four generations: Great Grandma Lorraine Moffat, Parker Moffat, Jake and Jasper. All smiles.

What a little imp/munchkin/elf. Isn't he just awesome?! He is every bit as fun and playful as he looks.
What a wonderful day it has been! It was Sunday, so we dressed up and went to church at Peggy's ward where she spoke and I sang. I'm wearing a jasperstone necklace and earrings that Jake got me for Christmas. Something to commemorate our greatest gift this year.

Happy, happy 1st Christmas, Jasper! Thanks to all who shared it with us! We love you, dear families and we already can't wait to see you all again!

2 comments:

Macey said...

I enjoyed every part of that, great documenting Emily. Looks like a great Christmas!

Samantha said...

EMILY YOU'RE SO PRETTY. JASPER YOU ARE SO CUTE. JACOB YOU ARE ONE HANDSOME MANLY MAN. Emily your tree is always one of the prettiest ever. I miss you. Let's chat soon.