Happy New Year everyone!!
I know I have a lot to catch up on, namely Thanksgiving, Christmas, and an unbelievable trip to London with my family, but first, I MUST share the news from today, while it's fresh and its most wonderful.
Today I had my prenatal first visit with the doctor (finally!!) and we had an ultrasound! So we got to SEE the baby! I can't believe it. Still can't believe it. But before I share those most awesome photos, I will hold you in suspense a bit longer to catch you up on the belly progression.
AND
AND
Here is me tonight, 16 weeks and still beaming with joy from our appointment today. It's not just a belly pic anymore. I've seen what's in there. And here it is!!
That's my baby! That's our little baby Moffat! There's that sweet little wonder we are so excited to welcome into our home! Look how big already! Isn't that amazing? The baby was moving all around and waved its arm and we saw the heart beating and its sweet little nose and mouth profile. It was so exciting to see it move! All that movement I can't even feel yet. I had no idea the baby was that busy! I know ultrasounds are hard to dissect, so this is the view from the front, you can see the head, body and an arm pretty clear. Jacob thinks he spots a foot and toes, too, facing the front.
And this is another angle taken from the side of my belly, so it's kind of the back side view. Get a load of that spine! You can see every little vertebrae! I have never seen that on an ultrasound before. It is so amazing to me. A spine! Can you believe it? While I've been laying around and eating cereal my body's been making a spine! It is so amazing to see it so real right there on the screen. It's not just a belly, there is a living, moving little baby in there. Oh, such a thrill!
So there you have it! Our little 3-member family. We are so excited and so happy and so grateful to have this wonderful blessing come into our lives. Only a few short weeks before we know whether it's a boy or girl! I can hardly wait! In the meantime, I'll be staring at my fridge and those first beautiful photos of our bundle of joy! Yipee!!
7 comments:
"Auntie Em beebee! Auntie Em beebee backbone!"
My girls love the pics. I love them. They are awesome. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
you look darling. congrats. keeeeep growing :)
I'm so excited for you guys! The pictures are adorable!
so happy for you cuteheads... can't wait to find out what i get to make for you... ;)
I am SO, SO, SO happy for you guys! This is so exciting! You look great, by the way. I can't wait to hear if your little addition is a boy or girl!
YAY! SO thrilled! SO Fun!
You are so cute Emily! And you are going to be the best mom! Loved all the pictures, but you are still so skinny(despite what you may feel like) and hardly pass as pregnant. We're so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment