If there is one thing I thought I'd never be in need of, it's clothes. I love to shop and love to bargain-hunt, so given whatever meager budget is the order of the day, I usually can find enough things to keep a glam girl's closet satisfied. But lately my wardrobe has been running pretty thin. Not in the number of clothes, but the clothes themselves. Like the jeans that were
thisclose to splitting a gargantuan hole in the rump, that I replaced about two weeks ago with the support of a certain brother-in-law. (Thanks Chris!)
. . . And the subject of today's post: these sad, sad shoes.

There were holes in the other shoe, too, but I couldn't get all my fingers through AND take the picture. I don't even know what to say about this shot, or about the fact that I wore them TODAY.
So, after a mostly crummy day ending a not-so-stellar week, I decided to take my chances and go shopping at the new Burlington that just opened
today. Given my present state of lackluster, this was especially brave of me. I had a return to make there and my 30 days was almost up, so I left with an earnest wish in my heart to find a comfortable pair of wedges (something with just enough heel to spare the bottoms of my new long jeans) TONIGHT! And I set off.

Guys! Such a mercy! I found some! And I got them for just $5 after the exchange! AND I skipped right past the 30-40 people in line (no joke) to the front because I had a return! WAHHHHOOOO!!!

And they are really and truly comfortable, they even say so on the shoe.

Ah, so here I sit in my two-week-old jeans, on my comfy chaise, in my comfy new shoes, not sparing another thought on those hole-y shoes I just threw in the trash!
3 comments:
Those are stinkin' CUTE! Love the color, that totally goes with everything/
And you'll be glad, er, in the near future, that you got something with a comfy little wedge. That's all I'm going to say about that. :)
GREAT BUY! Just adorable.
Those are adorable!!!!! Great find. But I will say...I did love those other ones too. Sad that life has to end so early for some cute shoes, but the replacements are fabulous!
Post a Comment