And this is truly a saving grace for me, our piano. I play this every single day, songs from the primary songbook, and it brings me such peace and comfort. I am so grateful to all the composers of those sweet little songs. There is nothing to ease the soul like primary songs. I started playing, "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go" out of the hymnbook yesterday and I'm delighted to say it was recognizable! I am so happy to have the chance to develop the skill of piano playing as it has been a goal of mine for so long. Baby steps, baby songs, but little by little I am getting there. I always wanted to be able to play hymns for my someday family, as my parents did for me, and we are well on our way, folks! Well on our way!
And just as an extra treat, Rob, my thoughtful brother-in-law, brought me those flowers atop the piano when he came over to have dinner with us Friday night. We have been so lucky to always live close to at least one of Jacob's siblings and we so enjoy the time we get to spend with each of them.
And speaking of primary songs, here's one of my favorites sung by the sweetest little 2-year-old voice of my darling niece, McKenna. Cammy sent it to me yesterday in honor of Mother's Day. I've been listening to it all morning. Can't stop! I love it so much!!
I'm really grateful for these little things, in addition to the mom letters, the cards, emails and phone calls from family and friends. I've been really needing them, and have been so appreciative of everyone who's been so kind to think of us. Love and miss you guys!
1 comment:
Love you!! Thanks for the post! Happy belated Mom's day! I'm so excited to come say hi in a little over a week!
Post a Comment