Monday, October 26, 2009

Merry Christmas to Me!

Lots of happy little gifts this week!

My parents came to visit, as previously mentioned, but I really enjoyed it, so I'm counting it twice!


One of our best friends got married! Aren't they beautiful? And so happy! Jacob was able to go see the blessed event in Utah this weekend. "He wore the dress, and I stayed home," to quote a song from my present show--the cursed cause of my absence. I was so sad to miss it, but Jacob was so good to report back every detail, just as I'd asked. Congrats Jared and Adrienne! We are so happy for you!

And speaking of that "cursed" show that I love so, so much, I have costume pictures! Don't you just never get tired of these??? (Eye roll.) Well, I have 10 costumes in this show and I'm sparing you the details, so consider yourself lucky. You get the jist from these three: Lots of Leg!
What every girl aspires to be when she grows up: a detergent box.


"Blue Skies" done in two pairs of tights and character shoes one entire size too small. One word: Ouch.


Me and my "Bobsey twin," Julianne James. This finale one's my favorite.
So. Stinkin'. Adorable.


Awww. So glad to have him back after the weekend away. We've spent months apart this year, and I nearly couldn't hack it without him for even a few more days. He's such an angel: He left work to come to this opening night party of mine and then went back to work and didn't get home 'til it was about time to be back at work again. Luckily, from here on out, his schedule's only looking a mere 10 hours a day. So tomorrow, we celebrate. At Disneyland.

Oh my goodness, and I can't believe, if that were not enough, I found out yesterday I was cast in "Seussical" at the Civic Light Opera of South Bay Cities in Redondo Beach! It runs Dec. 5-20 which leaves me free just in time for the holidays in AZ. This is a HUGE gift! Yesterday was a two-show day and I had just been thinking how great it was to spend my whole day doing what I love, only to come home to a job offer to do more of it! I am over the flippin' moon.

I've certainly had my share as of late, but hopefully this "good week/early Christmas present" stuff is contagious. I can think of a few people to wish it upon! I tag . . . Rachel!

4 comments:

maccam said...

Emily! That is sooooo awesome! That looks like it was such a fun show! And congrats on Seussical! I knew you would be so blessed over there! You deserve it. Can't wait to see you guys again! Love ya! Cam

Loretta and Richie said...

Love the update and the costumes! I second Camille, congrats on Seussical! Miss you.

The Wizzle said...

I love all the costumes! Detergent box. Fabulous.

I am tagged! Tee hee. Maybe tomorrow...wait, no, probably not tomorrow. Maybe Thursday. Whew. Busy week!

Macey said...

You look great, what a fun time for you! Congrats on the new gig too!