Today is my best friend Aileena's 27th birthday. I got to talk to her on the phone today. The last few years on this day she's been out of the country. What a treat. Happy birthday, my friend!
Last night Jacob and I went to bed at 6 PM. We were so excited to finally have an evening together--we figured we'd just take it easy and watch a show, but we were both asleep within half an hour.
Production wraps for Jake this weekend. This is good in the sense that he'll have a more normal schedule (one night last week he didn't come home 'til 5:30 in the morning,) but it's sad too because he loves production and I know he'll miss it.
I bought the stuff today to make "Peggy's Fall Mix:" peanuts, Reese's Pieces, and candy corns. I figured the mix would make a lovely, lone Halloween decoration in my lovely, lone decorative bowl (which just happens to be orange and is just the right size for the two of us.) Two problems: 1. The grocery store did not have candy corns! Only an "autumn mix" of candy corns, chocolate corns, and those mallow pumpkin things. Still tastes good, but it's a bit of a mess as far as the presentation. 2. I keep eating it.
I drove by Knott's Berry Farm today. And everyday on my way to work I drive by the Anaheim Angels stadium and the exit to Disneyland. Everything is here. It's delightful, but for some reason, very surprising to me.
My parents came this weekend to see my show's opening. I always love to have them visit. We went to Cheesecake Factory after the show and with how tired I was, Jacob easily convinced the waiter I was drunk. He was kind enough to leave us with the advice to "Sober up!" as we were leaving.
I need to vacuum . . . badly. This wouldn't be so difficult except that I don't have a vacuum. The front desk I'm sure would be willing to oblige, but finding a corresponding time in my schedule and theirs for me to borrow one is nigh unto impossible.
I don't get the shoulder-pad comeback. I can think of a place on a blouse where padding might be helpful to this girl, but shoulders isn't one of them. That hatchet needs to be buried far beneath the reach of even the most avid 80s fans, right alongside stirrup pants.
I often eat my words as far as fashion goes. I've maintained my initial opinion about some things, like booties and leggings with anything shorter than a tunic, but generally the things that I initially find repulsive grow on me after a while. Why is that?
My sister recently classified my home decor style as "a contemporary twist on traditional." She's so right! I felt empowered suddenly to have a description for my taste, and to discover it's pretty much across the board: for clothes, home decor, baby names. I know my style identity. How utterly reassuring.
I have about 8 friends and family members on my sidebar here who have all had babies due within about the last month. Congratulations to you all for coordinating it so well and painstakingly keeping the suspense going through all of summer! Of course now the stork drop-offs are so frequent, I've quite forgotten how hard it was to wait to see all the pictures! Only a couple more to go . . .
I am happy. At the moment my eyes are drooping with fatigue and Jacob's side of the bed is devoid of him and will be until the wee morning hours, which of course I never like, but most of today has been filled with thoughts about how happy I am. I can't believe what's happened in two little months. We are where we need to be. We are doing what we need to be doing. Knowing that is such a good feeling. Such a good, good feeling.
4 comments:
Dear Emily, I loved this post so much! It feels like we just had a sit down visit in my kitchen and almost caught up. We never actually catch up of course, but I am delighted to get tidbits of how things are, really. Thanks for taking the time to share. I have a smile on my face knowing that you and Jacob are doing well and managing this new universe beautifully!
Ha, so glad I could help settle your little home decor mental argument! I think the shoulder pad (sorry, "strong shoulder") is CRAP and I'm calling it. The emperor has NO CLOTHES, people!
I'm so glad to hear that Emily! You guys are totally in the right place. I hope to see you guys soon! Love, Cam
Emily, I'm so happy for you guys! You are both so amazing and talented, and I love your updates. Just thought I'd let you know:)
Post a Comment