Let's see, we've had some pretty exciting events the past several days. I can't remember what happened on Monday of last week so let's start with Tuesday. My cousin Amelia, who lives about 4 hours away, called me at work around 4 PM and I thought, fun, Amelia's in town and we can hang out when I'm off work. Then she called again around 4:02 PM . . . something must be up, right? Okay, I'll just get to it. She had an extra ticket to the Josh Groban concert that very night and she was offering it to me!! And I went! (Thanks Amelia-n! Ha, get it?) We had great seats, far stage R and close enough to run up and touch him, which flocks of women all around me did at every possible opportunity for the duration of the evening. Me, you ask? Of course not. I have Jacob remember? Josh is not the slightest bit tempting. Although to his credit, he's excellent live and he is HILARIOUS. Maybe I thought he would've been a little snobbish, you know, a little I'm-so-far-above-you-I-sing-in-languages-you-can't-understand, but he made fun of himself and that has made me an indefinite fan. (Like when he sang a song called, "So she dances" and then commented that the song was "romantic but borderline gag-me-with-a-spoon.") Yeah, that was a great way to spend a Tuesday.
So what was next. Oh yes, on Wednesday I did this really cool hand stand in yoga that made me feel like I was really special and then on Thursday guess who followed me into work? That would be an apostle--Robert D. Hales, the apostle. And guess who didn't realize he was standing right beside me for about 2 full minutes when I offered him a pen and had to play like my eyes didn't bulge when I recognized him? Yes I know I've seen apostles on tv every 6 months all my life and this may not be all that unusual, but it was pretty powerful to see one face to face. I'm glad at least I offered the pen.Then on Saturday we went to the BYU football game, the first one of the season, with Jacob's brother Rich and his wife Loretta. That is a day I'll never forget. Not because BYU won or because we had such a great time with Rich and Lo (which we did, let it be known), but because it was SO DANG HOT! Now I grew up in heat, and I'm proud of the fact that I've maintained a strong resistance to it despite my current locale, but this was ridiculous. If it snows like it does here, it should NOT be THAT hot. And to top it off, we were about two or three rows from the very top of the stadium--like, I could have stuck my tongue out and licked the sun.
So today I decided to give my husband a special treat, a shirt for him purchased by yours truly. Remember, I'm a fashion expert because I am the most faithful viewer of TLC's What not to Wear. And I was just bragging to Loretta on Sunday about how I make Jacob look so good whenever he wears clothes I choose for him, and how everyone else thinks so too. And this time, I wanted to really impress. So I gave my dear husband this:
I think his expression says it all. We'll just keep this little mishap out of earshot of the show's hosts, shall we? Because truthfully, I still like this shirt, and there are guys that would look great in this. I think it's safe to say however, as my husband so adamantly stated when he saw himself in it, I'm not married to one.
9 comments:
Thanks for being such and awesome "Aunt Emily." I didn't know you got to go to Josh G's concert. That is awesome. And I couldn't stop laughing reading the part about Jacob's shirt. Then, I pulled up the picture bigger and laughed again. I luv you guys!
Emily, you are hilarious. I love it.
So, I admit it. I stalk your blog. But just a little bit. :) We love Josh Groban concerts too. Mike surprised me with tickets this year, and it was FABULOUS! He puts on a great show. Anyway, love you dear. I wish we lived closer to each other, but I guess this little glimpse into your life every now and again will have to suffice. Hope you are well. Much love, Sarah
P.S. This is Sarah Rogan. I forgot my name doesn't display. Sorry :)
Sounds like fun!!!!! Concerts are always more fun than cds. It has been hot-but its also been stormy. These lightning storms have been good but not as good as Arizona... It makes me homesick for the desert rain. Anyways- guess what I heard from Sam-seems to be doing well. Finally the shirt-prints are hard to pull off- Especially busy ones- but nice try! Its funny because I almost always buy rick block colors- I should be more daring!
Finally! I've been waiting for a new post for AGES!
I'm so jealous you probably get to see Jacie and Cameron all the time. Boo hoo hoo.
I've definitely bought David shirts that made him say "yuck" right out loud. It's ok, happens to the best of us. Clinton would totally wear that one, anyway!
Hi Emily and Jake, I just came across your blog. It's been fun to see how you guys are and what you've been doing!
Whatevs, that's a sweet shirt. I'm sure Jacob doesn't think so though...
I'm glad you didn't lick the sun.
I hate that hairdresser on what not to wear so much it makes me want to just...explode. And do they ever do guys on that show?
Hi Emily! I'm so happy I found your blog. Looks like you guys are doing good:) Tell Jake I think that he could pull that shirt off! My blog is http://mattandstaciallen.blogspot.com
Post a Comment