Thursday, April 26, 2012

10 Months Old!


Jasper is 10 months old, and suddenly it feels like we have a toddler in the house!  This is my favorite little outfit on him, brought to him courtesy of the Easter Bunny.  The little decal on it says, "Captain Adorable."  I know, I know--cheese--but I totally love it!

 Jasper and his daddy get some hang time.  I always think of the song, "when you're the best of friends, having so much fun together..." when I see these two.


Just chillin' on Easter Sunday.  Those eggs for little kids were the best idea ever!  We have gotten SO much mileage out of them!


Playing some rockin' tunes with Uncle Rob.  Jasper LOVES to hear him play.  He wants in on the action, too!  And as always, Uncle Rob is so obliging.


Jasper wants in an ALL the action, ALL the time.


Chilling on another Sunday, wearing his Easter outfit from Nana. This is also my favorite outfit ever.


I mean, could. you. die?


Snoozing.  One of the only times he's still and quiet.  Not that we mind!  He is as fun and entertaining as the day is long!



All tuckered out.  This one plays hard.





Ham (hock)-ing it up!  (TOES!!!)


I call this the King Louis pose.  He will lay on his side like this with his arm stretched out over his hip as if he's waiting for someone to sit him in a chaise and feed him grapes.  It is so funny!  (Now that I think of it, we do sit him in a chaise and feed him grapes, actually.  Hm...)


All dolled up in his mommy's favorite baby boy accessory...


SHOES!!  
We generally just wear them going out, but boy do we love to show them off when we do!


Jasper on the move.  That is an understatement.  Just in the last two weeks he has started pulling himself onto things, cruising, and getting back down again.  It is so amazing to watch our little sprout grow.





He still does his lizard crawl, but now he is also climbing, pulling up, pushing around big objects (like trash cans), and banging on anything that makes a noise.  Just today he was pushing around his little toy bucket with both hands on top and walking behind it.


 Ol' blue eyes.




Horsin' around.  With a grin from ear to ear!


The dangle descend.  He does this one and the tree timber.  I'm sure you can imagine which one we prefer.



So proud of himself.


Hi Mom.



What did I tell you?  A barrel of laughs.  We just pinch ourselves all the time.  Honestly, I cannot imagine this kid being more fun.  He loves to have it, he loves to make it.  He is ALL about it.


Some others of his latest tricks: 
  • He shakes his head playfully, makes a goofy grin face with his two darling teeth, and says "dadadadada," "mamamamama, "nanananana."  
  • He laughs every time he wrestles with daddy and he does that lip babbling thing with his finger brushing side to side in his mouth. 
  • He loves to be read to, but only if he can hold a book, too.  
  • He still loves his baths, (though our days in the sink are surely numbered) and especially loves his yellow rubber ducky (starting to suspect a favoritism to yellow.)
  • He LOVES to be sung to, from the first minute he was born.  When he has extra difficulty falling asleep at night, Daddy plays him my "O Holy Night" recording from Christmas  (which makes me feel AWESOME and has an alarming success rate!)  
  • Oh yes, and it's absolutely impossible to change the boy's diaper.  Impossible!  He's so determined, which we love, but we can't contain him and he can't change his own, so we have a bit of an issue there.  

    I think we'll have an actual, straight-up toddler on our hands very soon!  Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaahhhhhh, he's SO big! And so handsome!

maccam said...

What a handsome little boy! He is growing up so fast!

Peg and Parker said...

Every picture was perfect!! Thanks for this post. Jasper is so cute and fun and full of personality. Wonder where that came from,eh?

Jenn said...

What a darling boy! Such a fun age!