Sunday, May 31, 2009

What's Happened?!

Good question. That's not the only question I have at the moment that I don't have an answer to. I could write a book of the unanswered questions in my life right now. And you know what? Oh well. That's the way it goes sometimes. The good news is I've managed to have a lot of fun amidst all the enigmas.

Like, such as:

Having a birthday. I will probably always love these for the fact that it means cake, songs, and parties for me, though I may not always like the ever-growing number attached to them.


Performing at the Colony Theater in Burbank! Sounds fancier than it is. It was just a little showcase with my bro-in-law Rob and a wee 37 or so other actors. But I had a blast and met some fantastic people!


Lots and lots of niece and nephew time. I have two more on the way and couldn't be more excited to hear the news of what they'll be THIS WEEK! This is little Miss Iris, just about the happiest little girl I've ever seen. I don't think there's a smile she's ever been given that she hasn't returned.


Couple of film shoots--YEA!: one in LA, one in Utah. All together uneventful, except for that very persistent sunburn I got at the park. Darn it all!


A wedding! A wedding! This was so much fun! We worked from nearly dawn til dusk every day the week of the wedding getting the reception all prepped. Did I mention it was also high school graduation for Madison? What a week! And by the end of it, it was a party! I love weddings. It is so much fun to see so many old friends and to see two lovely people so happily united. We are just thrilled for them!

And we kept partying after they left. ;) This was my first-ever winning game of Ticket to Ride. I completed 10 destinations, thank you very much and I took a picture to prove it! (I'm blue, always blue.)

So, in the last month, I've gone from LA to AZ to LA to UT to LA to AZ to UT. It's a zoo. I'm ready to be not living out of a suitcase, or away from my sweetheart, or in three different states, and hopefully this will be the week at least some of those things come true. And yet, it's bittersweet leaving this place. Utah has been home to our marriage for all but two months of it. As much as it's been a dream to live in California (particularly during the long winter months), I can't leave without a little twinge in my heart for the wonderful things Utah has given us. Like a great ward. (Bro. Wilker just dropped off an honorary program on our front door he created which said in the announcements how much they'll miss us and have appreciated our service. How sweet!) And a wonderful home. I know I'm sentimental, and "it's just a house," but I'm terribly sad to leave the condo. I remember our first night here I called to tell Parker this place was a palace and we were so happy to be here. Whatever my feelings about the weather or idiosyncrocies of Provo, this condo has always been home and I have loved it with all my heart.

So THIS WEEK we're planning to really and truly pack up all of our stuff, including the Christmas decorations that still hang unabashedly in our home from last December, and move to some undetermined shoebox somewhere in the greater Los Angeles area. We're living on faith, love, and some big old fat dreams that we hope will someday very soon translate into dollars and cents. At the very least, we have each other which is a whole, stinking lot!

And if you haven't seen this movie . . .Go! We went Friday AND Saturday! It was just what I needed. Time to go UP! Thanks everyone for wishing us well!

7 comments:

maccam said...

First off - AWESOME MIRACLE! I'm so glad they had your computer bag. It was so good to see you guys! Good luck with everything- the move and all that jazz! Love, Cam

Aileena said...

So crazy. I love all the green shoes at megan's wedding. It even looked like she wore green shoes again when she left the reception. Man-it sure had been crazy for you. That's how the next couple of weeks will be for me as we leave Korea, and go from place to place visiting people. But I get to have my hubby with me. Man-you guys are so awesome. I can't wait to see how it all turns out, and I especially can't wait to see you!

Samantha said...

Oh, it's good to see what you guys are doing! SO much going on in your life!! I hope it settles down soon, and you'll miss UT but I'm sure you'll make a new awesome life there. I feel like I know so many people in LA. Who knows, maybe us old college buddies will end up near you again one day! We can only hope!

Samantha said...

Oh, and I didn't know Meg got married- congrats!!

Loretta and Richie said...

Thanks for the update, Em! I'm glad to be back "invited" and reading your blog! Oh, and we did see the movie "UP" and I LOVED IT!

Amy said...

What a fun crazy exciting life you lead! Here's hoping June makes your dreams come true.

The Wizzle said...

Ha, I found you! Good luck with all that stuff. I can't say I'm sorry to have gotten so much time with you while you've been pinballing from place to place!